Freight Agency Ltd would like to remind customers that as from 16th July 2018 (BL Date) the Government of Côte d’Ivoire has implemented a Verification of Conformity Program for all goods imported in Côte d’Ivoire with a FOB value superior or equal to XOF 1 million (approx. EUR 1,500).
A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE is requested for every shipment into the country. Shipments loaded after this date and arriving without a Certificate of Conformity will be rejected by Customs and penalties will be applied: 50% of cargo value + confiscation and destruction of goods at the expense of the importer.
Shippers will need to contact the following designated agencies prior to loading as it is not possible to obtain at destination, BUREAU VERITAS (BIVAC BV) /COTECNA INSPECTION / INTERTEK International Limited / Société Générale de Surveillance (SGS).
This document applies for any import with the exception of:
▪ Gold and other precious metals
▪ Precious stones
▪ Explosives, weapons, ammunition and other war material intended for the national armed forces and the police
▪ Live animals
▪ Vegetables and fresh fruits
▪ Fresh and frozen fish and meat
▪ Plants and floricultural products
▪ Traditional products or traditional handicrafts of Community origin
▪ Drugs and inputs used in the manufacture of medicines
▪ Current newspapers and periodicals, postage or tax stamps, stamp papers, banknotes, chequebooks, passports and certain printed documents
▪ Personal belongings and used household objects
▪ Used vehicles
▪ Crude or partially refined oil
▪ Commercial samples
▪ Supplies to diplomatic and consular missions or international organisations, imported for their own purposes
▪ Imported goods and equipment for oil and mining operations
▪ Imports related to the free regime.
▪ Production machinery subject to or exempt from the investment code on request made to the VOC Program Monitoring Committee
For extremely competetive freight rates and conditions to Cote D’Ivoire please contact visit our website at http://freightagency.com/
Please feel free to call us on +44 (0) 1274580049 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org